HEAVY METAL & HARD ROCK RULES.
THIS IS A HEAVY METAL MUSIC BLOG!
I revere Metal music, all genres of Metal music at that. I listen to: Power Metal, Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Old School Heavy Metal, Metal, Extreme Metal, Christian Metal, Hair Metal/Glam Metal, Black Metal, Metalcore and any other Metal genre that has not been mentioned in this statement. With that said, I do not buy into, or take part in any arguments of: Which Metal genre is better? Which Metal genre is cooler? My answer to these questions is short and simple: Who cares. I feel, that each Metal genre is unique, holds it’s own musical flavor and attitude, bestows it’s own Metal brilliance and sound.
I personally feel that the Metal Music world has enough people out there poking insults at it already, stereotyping Metal as violent, immature, and non-sensical. I call out for the Metal community and all Metal genres to unite as one incredibly strong, Metal family. Metal music currently is all over the top selling charts, all you need to do is look at the past year of 2008, DISTURBED, SLIPKNOT and METALLICA have made all of us Metalheads proud once again! That is just “3″ Metal bands that lit up the top selling charts in 2008, I will mention many other fine Metal bands that broke into the mainstream during 2008 in future articles.
To sum up my initial introduction, I am stating that:
1. I think the world of Metal and all Metal genres, I feel Metal is the greatest – period.
2. I dream of the day, that all Metal genres unite, realize this is one incredible Metal family.
3. There are critics of Metal, always was, always will be. Ignore them, for they are the same people who followed the PMRC in the late 1980′s and believed Stryper was a band that played vulgar and obscene music.
4. In a Metal nutshell, I will endorse, praise, review and write about Metal Music here, while trying to enlighten and entertain readers with info of all things Metal.
5. I will not be writing about American Idol, nor will I write about The Partridge Family either. I think my point here was made rather well.
6. Metal music is here to stay, it is not going away anytime soon. Hopefully, Metal Odyssey will enrich the life of all Metalheads who visit, maybe recruit a few new Metal fans along the way.
7. I am also very much a fan of PUNK ROCK. I have always been intrigued by the similarities between the METAL and PUNK ROCK genres. The crossover between these two music heavy weights are founded, just look at the MISFITS and GLENN DANZIG! I always am eager to point out the factual events where PUNK ROCK meets METAL. I have to go now, I want/need to listen to some GAMMARAY.
Welcome to Metal Odyssey, it will be quite the Metal trip.
This entry was posted on March 1, 2009 at 7:26 pm and is filed under Death Metal, Extreme Metal, Heavy Metal, Metal, Thrash Metal with tags Heavy Metal, Music. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Comments are closed.