Shadow Kingdom Records Releasing “The Lost Legacy” 2CD Retrospective From Sweden’s ZONE ZERO On July 8th
Shadow Kingdom Records has announced the Release of a 2CD career retrospective package from Swedish ’80s Heavy Metal group ZONE ZERO on July 8th.
Comprised of live recordings, rehearsal tracks and studio cuts – including three more recent songs recorded in 2008 – this collection captures the magic of a band heavily influenced by the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, but somehow fell through the cracks of that burgeoning scene. Shadow Kingdom Records now seeks to turn the unknown into the known with The Lost Legacy.
Shadow Kingdom Records owner Tim McGrogran comments on the package:
“It would be a rare case if anyone were even aware of Zone Zero as they only put out one Single and a few demo tapes in the early 80s before disbanding. In the land of early Swedish Heavy Metal, the very first and most important band was without question Heavy Load, who started in the late 70s. With that said, Zone Zero does have a very strong Heavy Load influence and were also influenced by Judas Priest and the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal. There were quite a few bands that popped up in the early 80’s in Europe that could have easily been a part of the N.W.O.B.H.M. but they weren’t because that period of time only included England. This package includes their entire career, which started in 1980 and includes the band re-uniting for 3 brand new songs that were recorded in 2008.”
Stream tracks from The Lost Legacy below:
1. Judgement Day 1981 [Live, Borlänge]
2. Demon from Kingdom of Death 1981 [Live, Borlänge]
3. Magic Woman 1981 [Live, Borlänge]
4. Only Survivor 1981 [Live, Borlänge]
5. Wannabe 1981 [Live, Borlänge]
6. Genocide Patrol 1981 [Stereo-Stig, Smedjebacken]
7. Win or Die 1982 [Parda studio, Stockholm]
8. Evil Dream 1982 [Parda studio, Stockholm]
9. Demon from Kingdom of Death 1982 Björbostudion, Gagnef]
10. Innocent 1983 [Björbostudion, Gagnef]
11. Zone Zero 1983 [Björbostudion, Gagnef]
12. Riding on the Wind 1983 [Björbostudion, Gagnef]
13. Revenge 1983 [Björbostudion, Gagnef]
14. Breaker of the Chains 1983 [Rehearsals, Djurås]
15. Searching for the Metal 1983 [Rehearsals, Djurås]
16. Someone’s Calling my Name 1983 [Rehearsals, Djurås]
17. Tarakian 1983 [Rehearsals, Djurås]
18. I Want the Metal Back 2004 [Bedroomstudios, Gothenburg]
19. Chasing Victory 2008 [Bedroomstudios, Gothenburg]
20. Miss You 2008 [Bedroomstudios, Gothenburg]
21. Twilight of the Gods 2008 [Bedroomstudios, Gothenburg]
(Source: CLAWHAMMER PR)
* For more info on ZONE ZERO:
LONG LIVE THE LEGACY OF ZONE ZERO.
LONG LIVE SWEDEN.
LONG LIVE METAL.
This entry was posted on April 29, 2014 at 1:15 pm and is filed under Heavy Metal, metal bands, metal music, music news, rock music, rock music news with tags 80's heavy metal, metal odyssey, swedish heavy metal, swedish metal bands, traditional metal, zone zero. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.