KEEL - That’s it at the top! I recently found this 1989 KEEL album, Larger Than Live, at an antiques mall. I paid $4 for it (U.S.). Usually I’ll go to this antiques mall about once a month or so. There are a few record dealers there to visit; typically I can find and (sometimes) buy at least one or two albums on each trip. Condition always is critical with used albums; therefore I find myself passing on many potential purchases.
Passing on buying this KEEL album was not an option for me, on this day. I always listened to KEEL over the years and Ron Keel made quite a comeback with his band too; with 2010′s Streets Of Rock & Roll (Frontiers Records) proving to be an excellent Hard Rock album for my ears. Overall, this album is in excellent shape, both the jacket and vinyl. After all these years, I never owned Larger Than Live. I do own it now… and it’s on vinyl.
KEEL – 1989 Lineup:
Ron Keel – vocals & guitar
Kenny Chaisson – bass guitar & vocals
Dwain Miller – drums, vocals & percussion
Tony “The Kid” Palmucci – lead guitar
Scott Warren – keyboards & vocals
Bryan Jay – lead guitar
Larger Than Live – Track Listing:
* Two new live tracks were picked for the album: Hard As Hell (Live) and Private Lies (Live).
* The LARGE side represents six new studio tracks.
LARGE (All New):
Evil Wicked Mean & Nasty
Dreams Are Not Enough
So Many Good Ways To Be Bad
Fool For A Pretty Face
Hard As Hell (new)
Rock And Roll Animal
Private Lies (new)
Rock ‘N Roll Outlaw
The Right To Rock
Larger Than Live – (back cover)
Not much to it. The track listing and some liner notes are printed on this back cover.
Some Larger Than Live liner notes:
* Larger Than Live was released on Gold Castle Records.
* Larger Than Live was produced by Ron Keel with Allen Isaacs.
* The LIVE side was recorded during 2 sold out shows at the Roxy in Hollywood by Westwood One Mobile Recording, March 18th, 1989.
* The LARGE side was recorded at Sound City, Van Nuys, by Allen Isaacs.
* For more info on KEEL, click on the links below!
LONG LIVE KEEL.