Well, another year has gone by and the “astute” historians and archive keepers of Rock and Roll History – The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, has bumbled another induction. WHERE IS… KISS? You know, the four guys known as GENE SIMMONS, PAUL STANLEY, ACE FREHLEY and PETER CRISS? Oh, god forbid if I dare mention the extended family of musicians that are/were members of KISS as well. I guess ABBA contributed so much more, to the “history” of Rock and Roll. I forgot, that ABBA is so damn hot right now in 2010 as well. Hey, disco needs it’s just due in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame too… of course. While these Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation dorks were at it, why didn’t they just induct The Wiggles right now, alongside ABBA? Get it over with. At this point, Bananarama and The Partridge Family will get inducted well before KISS ever gets their rightful induction into this snobby, uneducated in Heavy Metal, white collar, Pop Music is king… cheap excuse of a building.
Genesis, Jimmy Cliff, The Stooges and The Hollies deserve their rightful and historic recognition. Arguably, it is not ABBA’s fault they are recognized either… but give me a Metal break here. ABBA over KISS? That’s like choosing a glass of warm milk over a cold draft beer.
As quoted directly from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame website:
“The 2010 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performer inductees were chosen by more than 500 voters of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. Artists are eligible for inclusion in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twenty-five years after their first recording is released.”
* Uh, yeah… what about… anything other than 25 years after their first album is released? Is that the only damn criteria? Crap, I’ll make a record then and wait 25 years to see if I get inducted.
* Who really is… this mysterious… 500 voters of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation? Are they all scholars, who are afraid of Hard Rock and Heavy Metal? Do any of these voters listen to Rock Music in the first place?
* It’s almost as if, these 500 voters of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation receive a copy of Rolling Stone Magazine, a few times a year, read about bands that get the good ol’ Rolling Stone Magazine seal of approval… and then… these voters decide, these are the bands! They must be good if Rolling Stone Magazine says so!
* Apparently, these 500 voters of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation get more psyched out by listening to Dancing Queen and Waterloo instead of Rock and Roll All Nite and Detroit Rock City.
* I’m not going to blab about how many Gold and Platinum Records KISS has achieved, chart singles, concert tickets sold, their impact on American Pop Culture, nor how many total albums they have put out… what’s the use? The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame doesn’t give a crap. ABBA is Back! ABBA = Rock Legends.
* Man, what would Elvis think and say of this mess they call The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
Some “important” dude, named Joel Peresman, (who thinks he knows about Rock and Roll by the way), gives this lackluster and embarrassing statement on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame website:
“We are very happy to present this year’s inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as they represent a great cross-section of artists that define the broad spectrum and history of rock and roll and people that have contributed immeasurably to our business” says Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation President & CEO Joel Peresman.
* HEY JOEL: I guess KISS are not considered to be part of the people that have “contributed immeasurably to our business”… huh?
* HEY JOEL: Go slap down some vintage opera vinyl and eat your caviar. Then light up a $10,000 stogie and make a wet fart in your imported silk pajamas.
* HEY JOEL: You really, really, um, really, need to change your sign outside that building in Cleveland, Ohio, to read: ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF SHAME AND EXPENSIVE MUSEUM
LONG LIVE KISS!
KISS – IS HEREBY, THE FIRST BAND EVER, INDUCTED INTO THE METAL ODYSSEY ROCK AND ROLL AND HEAVY MUSIC HALL OF FAME!
I SHALL INDUCT BANDS AND MUSICIANS, WHENEVER I DAMN WELL FEEL LIKE IT, AND HAVE THIS LIST POSTED ON THE METAL ODYSSEY HOME PAGE FOR THE WORLD TO SEE AND ENJOY. A REAL ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME. A REAL HEAVY MUSIC HALL OF FAME.
ON FEBRUARY 21, 2010, KISS HAS BEEN INDUCTED INTO THE METAL ODYSSEY ROCK AND ROLL AND HEAVY MUSIC HALL OF FAME.
CONGRATULATIONS KISS, ON BEING THE FIRST INDUCTEE INTO METAL ODYSSEY’S ROCK AND ROLL AND HEAVY MUSIC HALL OF FAME!