Jazz-Fusion and Prog Legends Join Together On New CD Release ‘The Fusion Syndicate’
Features performances by members of the biggest names in Fusion and Prog including Mahavishnu Orchestra, Yellowjackets, Brand X, Soft Machine, Spyrogyra, Yes, Dream Theater, King Crimson, Tool, Porcupine Tree, Hawkwind and more!
October 10, 2012- Los Angeles, CA – One of the most amazing collection of jazz-fusion and progressive rock legends ever to assemble on one CD has happened with the new release by The Fusion Syndicate, available October 16, 2012 on Purple Pyramid Records. Brought together by multi-instumentalist, producer Billy Sherwood (Yes, CIRCA:), who gave us the fascinating release by the Prog Collective earlier this year. Now, Billy has produced, recorded and written tracks for a new jazz-rock-fusion supergroup of musical virtuosos – The Fusion Syndicate!
Featuring! Rick Wakeman, Jerry Goodman, Nik Turner, Jimmy Haslip, Steve Stevens, Jordan Rudess, Mel Collins, Billy Cobham, Jay Beckenstein, Billy Sheehan, Gavin Harrison, David Sancious, Larry Coryell, Derek Sherinian, Eric Marienthal, Chester Thompson, Steve Morse, Jim Beard, Randy Brecker, Percy Jones, John Etheridge, Tony Kaye, Chad Wackerman, Steve Hillage, Scott Kinsley, Theo Travis, Justin Chancellor and Asaf Sirkis – Produced by Billy Sherwood
“When I was asked to write/produce a fusion record I jumped at the chance. I’ve always had a deep love of Jazz and Fusion music having grown up listening to Weather Report, Return To Forever, the Mahavishnu Orchestra among many others in the genre. The record has become a musical dream team, including some of the world’s most reknowned players in the field. The music reflects a time when virtuosity was the standard and incredible musicianship was the order of the day. Each artist sharing their talent and skill, blending it all into a bigger musical picture, creating an amazing expression of unity and purpose. I’m honored to be a part of it all and I thank all the artists who joined me on this journey, they have all lifted the music to a higher level.” – Billy Sherwood, producer
- Random Acts Of Science – Rick Wakeman (Yes), Jerry Goodman (Mahavishnu Orchestra), Nik Turner (Hawkwind), Jimmy Haslip (Yellowjackets/Alan Holdsworth)
- Stone Cold Infusion – Steve Stevens, Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater/Liquid Tension Experiment), Mel Collins (King Crimson), Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree), Billy Cobham (Mahavishnu Orchestra)
- Molecular Breakdown – Jay Beckenstein (Spyrogyra), Billy Sheehan (Steve Vai), Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree), David Sancious (The E Street Band)
- Particle Accelerations – Larry Coryell, Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater/Black Country Communion), Eric Marienthal (Chick Corea Elektric Band), Chester Thompson (Genesis/Frank Zappa)
- At The Edge Of The Middle – Steve Morse (Dixie Dreggs/Deep Purple), Jim Beard (Mahavishnu Orchestra), Randy Brecker (Blood, Sweat & Tears/Brecker Brothers), Percy Jones (Soft Machine/Brand X)
- Atom Smashing – John Etheridge (Soft Machine), Tony Kaye (Yes), Chad Wackerman (Frank Zappa),
- In The Spirit Of – Steve Hillage (Gong), Scott Kinsey (Tribal Tech), Theo Travis (Steven Wilson Band), Justin Chancellor (Tool), Asaf Sirkis (The Orient House Ensemble)
“Always a pleasure to work with Billy Sherwood and all the other musicians he chooses. Add some great music and the combination is complete.” – Rick Wakeman
“Fusion music gave me a way to relate to jazz. I liked the rock energy, and the unexpected twists, turns and rhythms that made it fun to play. So, it’s a big influence on the direction I took.” – Steve Morse
The Fusion Syndicate is avaliable from Purple Pyramid Records and can be pre-ordered at:
For more information: http://cleorecs.com/store/
(Source: Glass Onyon PR)
LONG LIVE THE FUSION SYNDICATE.
This entry was posted on October 11, 2012 at 12:03 am and is filed under Metal with tags jazz fusion, progressive metal, progressive rock, rock albums 2012, rock music, rock music news, the fusion syndicate. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.